USA Hockey SafeSport Training Information
Hutchinson Hockey Association
Safesport Training. Needs to be complete by the time you take the ice. You will NOT be allowed on the ice until the course is taken.
The SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are each valid for two (2) seasons. Thus, if you took the training during the 2014-15 season, it was valid for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons and you will need to complete the SafeSport Refresher course for this 2016-17 season.
The SafeSport Training and SafeSport Refresher courses are available all season.
You need to complete training if you hold one of the following positions:
- All coaches at the traveling level: rostered and non-rostered.
- All mite level rostered coaches.
- Team managers.
- Board member.
- Locker Room Monitors are not required to take the training, but they MUST complete the background check.
- Even if you have a USA Hockey Username and Password, you will need to create a new account for the SafeSport Training. They do not use the same account.
- Before you can take the SafeSport Training, you must obtain a USA Hockey Registration number:
- If you are a coach, you will need to register under: “Ice Player/Coach”. This is the registration number that is required for HHA each year. This is $40.
- If you are a Team Manager, or Volunteer (Non-Ice participant), then you can select “Ice Manager/Volunteer”. This has no cost associated with it.
- After you complete registration, you will use this USA Hockey number when creating your SafeSport Account.
- If you do not have an account, click "Register" in the upper right, and create a free account.
- Make sure to use the same email you use for USA Hockey Registration and CEP (certification and modules).
- Also make sure to use the same name that your CEP is registered under. (i.e. full name, nickname, etc). You can look up what your CEP name is by using this link: (enter your name as you think it is registered and see if it comes up) http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/893024-cep-list
- Select USA Hockey as the organization.
- You will need to enter in your coaching number, then click VERIFY. Then you can create your account.
- When you have an account, click "Sign In" in the upper right. You can take the "USA Hockey SafeSport" course. (not the regular one). There is no cost for this. A record of your complete will be saved electronically. Also please print your confirmation page and give to the team manager for the team book.